wiscuba.com
Milwaukee Car Ferry - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Milwaukee Car Ferry (/showthread.php?tid=451)

Milwaukee Car Ferry - WIdiver_Paul - 10-05-2004

Dove on the MCF last week, this vis was unreal! Swam out to the wheelhouse and could clearly see the entire wreck in it's magnificence about halfway back-
Vis was at least 80-100 feet. Water temps dropped at the surface from 60 to about 45 from 10am to 5 pm - must have had a current/wind change! Bottom temps of about 39-40...BRRRR! Here's a good one of the wheelhouse (that's me, check out my trim!!)

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - LKunze - 10-05-2004

Sweet pic. I wish I could've gotten back to Milwaukee this year. For sure next year though.

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - scubert - 10-05-2004

Beauty shot,
wish that kind of vis would be an everyday occurance. ;D

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - DiveCaptDean - 10-06-2004

do you guys ahve any of the wreck itself..its not too often that viz is anywhere near that good...Glad you had a nice time

Re:Milwaukee Car Ferry - Omicron - 10-07-2004

Those are some very cool photos!

Viz on the Milwaukee Car Ferry - ethanb - 10-11-2004

In case anyone is thinking about planning a trip to the Milwaukee Car Ferry, I spoke to some people who went out there on Points North's charter yesterday (Sunday) and viz was still stunning. I didn't get to go (all full up), but I was told that it was at least 100 feet and you could see the wheelhouse and most of the wreck from the mooring. Bottom temp was in the low 40s.

Ethan

Re:Viz on the Milwaukee Car Ferry - Chris H - 10-11-2004

We were on the Milwaukee yesterday. I couldn't see the wreck until about 60ft of water, but it cleared up closer to the bottom. Vis was great, perhaps 40ft, until it got kicked up. Bottom temp was indeed in the low 40s.

Re:Viz on the Milwaukee Car Ferry - matt t. - 10-11-2004

Quote:
Vis was great, perhaps 40ft, until it got kicked up.
Quote:

;D