wiscuba.com
Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! (/showthread.php?tid=249)

Pages: 1 2

Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Precision Sports - 04-15-2004

8)Precision Sports announces it has leased Flynn's Quarry Recreational Property From Waushara County. Precision Sports wishes to continue to allow the diving public use of Flynn's Quarry Recreational Property.

Anyone wanting to use the quarry must register with Precision Sports.

Precision Sports is asking for donations to help cover the costs incurred to keep this facility open to the diving public.

Flynn's Quarry 2004-2005 Winter Hours.
Private scheduling is available. Simply contact our store for more information.

Please help keep Flynn's Quarry Recreational Property clean! Take only memories and leave only bubbles. :o

The max depth is 80' and offers both beginner and advanced divers a great site to dive. A platform at 20' makes a great place to re-check those skills. Also, there is now a school bus resting on the bottom at 40'.

Precision Sports
Where Technology Meets The Great Outdoors
Phone: 920.233.2274
4717 State Road 44
Oshkosh, WI 54904

Email: i-scuba-do-u@sbcglobal.net
Store Hours:
Tuesday-Friday 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-4pm

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Chris H - 04-15-2004

I guess it is safe to say there will now be a fee to dive at Flynn's? Sad

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - dfreeman - 04-15-2004

Isn't Flynn's an occasional submerged parking lot for Durango's and other stolen vehicles?

Could make for an interesting training class.

Doug

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Swimjim - 04-16-2004

Where is Flynn's Quarry? Just curious.

Jim

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Chris H - 04-16-2004

Near Red Granite.

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Omicron - 04-16-2004

I just think it's amusing - "Great site to dive"??

Hrm...

Last resort maybe ;D

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Chris H - 04-16-2004

The freshwater jellyfish were amazing, but conditions have always been very hit or miss the times I've been there. The truck and cars are kind of neat.

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - Omicron - 04-16-2004

I've just never heard too many people say very good things about the place...although it would be fun to find a stolen vehicle!

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - drizzam - 04-24-2004

I've noticed there was no reply to the question about if there will be a fee to dive there now...it would be nice to know before I just show up with all my gear some weekend

Re:Flynn's Quarry turning into premier dive training site! - farmer_otter - 04-25-2004

A few months back a friend and I talked to the owner of Precision Sports and we were asking him about his plans. He was going to blast an entry area in to the quarry towards the east end and some other things. He said that the entry fee would be for "parking" not for diving. I have dove there in the past and I don't think I would pay to "park" there if I was going to go diving.

Jason