wiscuba.com
Milwaukee accident - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Milwaukee accident (/showthread.php?tid=2482)

Pages: 1 2

Milwaukee accident - divergirl1227 - 08-28-2011

Does anyone know the facts on this story?

Re: Milwaukee accident - dean810 - 08-28-2011

My dive club, the Chicago Scuba Meetup Group, was involved in the accident.  All are ok.  There are a few inaccuracies in the report, but basically correct.  The big question is whether it was prudent for the boat to have gone out with the lake condition the way it was.

A lot of dive gear was lost, including tanks, some of them rentals.  There are plans to try and salvage as much of the equipment as possible.

-Dean

Re: Milwaukee accident - scubafreek864 - 08-28-2011

I like the last comment:  "I told him, 'I suppose they'll want their money back?' 

You think?  I sure would want a full refund.

Re: Milwaukee accident - divergirl1227 - 08-29-2011

I am just happy no one was physically hurt and I agree I would want my money back and then some.

Re: Milwaukee accident - schalge - 08-29-2011

Hello Dean
Yesterday I was a volunteer member of a group that read about the incident in the paper and called to offer assistance. I saw most of the lost gear recovered. Today the remainder of the little things and personal property of the owner and crew should be recovered.
The Coast Guard will do their investigation and report their findings.
The Great Lakes is an interesting body of water and the number of shipwrecks is proof of this.
There are fewer and fewer dive charters operating every year.
We as divers need to step forward and assist and support those who serve our passion.
The safety and professional actions of the crew and passingers during this accident speaks for itself.
I would like to thank Ralph and his family for taking care of their passingers and for making every effort to recover their property... 

Re: Milwaukee accident - Chris H - 08-29-2011

Photos from the site. 

Re: Milwaukee accident - fuzzytop - 08-29-2011

Some of them look  like they are having fun!

Anyone know the condition of the boat? 
Is it still out there?  Or did it sink?

I wonder if it can be used again after it's recovered.

What wreck was it on?

Also, I'm wondering what the inaccuracies in the story were, anyone know?

Re: Milwaukee accident - matt t. - 08-29-2011

Wow, bad luck. Glad everyone came out o.k.

Re: Milwaukee accident - matt t. - 08-29-2011

They were on the Milwaukee. Last I heard it was still floating out there tied to the down line on the wreck. I would assume the boat will be serviceable again after the motor is sorted out.

Re: Milwaukee accident - MytMyt - 08-29-2011

This is an unfortunate incident and thankfully everyone is OK. Ralph runs a great boat. I have had nothing but great experiences with him and the crew. I will not hesitate to go out with them whenever they go.