wiscuba.com
Alan's Scuba - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Alan's Scuba (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2

Alan's Scuba - Mike100 - 04-09-2004

Or as some of you remember it Erv's. It appears to be done. Notice on the door saying the bank owns it.

Re:Alan's Scuba - matt t. - 04-09-2004

I stopped there this morning for a fill to find the "bank sign" on the door. Alan did a nice job fixing the place up, and had cheap air. He also helped me out a few times getting hydros and visuals quicker than any other shop could do it for me. Wonder if anyone else will try to get it going again??? I've heard it said that the way to make a million dollars in the dive business is to start with 2 million.

Matt

Re:Alan's Scuba - JacobsonC2 - 04-10-2004

i just saw it today. it may sound bad but, i am not surprised that he is was shut down. so whats going to happen to all the dive stuff? the store looked like it was still full of gear.

Re:Alan's Scuba - DiveCaptDean - 04-10-2004

Stopped by the other day..saw the sign...its all for sale...as a whole, not in pieces...the bank owns it all...from what i have heard....there is a dollar figure that takes it all..I know it, but dont thinks it proper to mention it.
I feel bad for the guy, didnt go there, but its always a bummer when someone in the industry fails...

Happy diving all
Deano

Re:Alan's Scuba - Jmohr - 06-18-2004

Where is Alans Scuba? And is it still for sale
If anyone has any info please let me know at

JMOHR@new.rr.com

Thanks

Re:Alan's Scuba - Chris H - 06-18-2004

The address for the 3rd store on the left side of the page is/was Alan's

Re:Alan's Scuba - scubert - 07-10-2004

Ran into Alan in Bonaire a few weeks ago. (small world I guess) Smile
He is still instructing and booking trips, he's just not in the retail game anymore.

Re:Alan's Scuba - Sunnygal25 - 07-12-2004

I can't believe that anyone still trusts Alan Hadick. He ripped off so many people when he claimed bankruptcy-especially Erv (former owner who funded him) who lost 97K (his retirement). Maybe Alan will give some of the profits of these trips to him. I hope so-Erv is a very nice man who trusted Alan completely.

Re:Alan's Scuba - Romeovalentinos - 07-15-2004

Does anyone know how I can contact Alan Hadick? I've gone on trips with him in the past and would like to book another one SOON. Thanks for any help!
Thanks

Re:Alan's Scuba - NEHDAD - 07-27-2004

Under water Connection did purchase the inventory from the bank and did reopen the store. Boy do I feel for them!!! I was there on Friday and during the short time I was there 3 different individuals came in all complaining because Alan took their money and they never received their open water certifications. They did seem to handle it very well though (Looks like practice makes perfect). I overheard that PADI has assigned one representative to deal with all of the complaints.

I do feel for everyone that was hurt by his unfortunate inability to manage what could have been a very successful business. But I am glad that Under Water Connection did reopen the store so at least I do not have to travel far for refills.