wiscuba.com
Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today (/showthread.php?tid=2024)

Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - dive1dennis - 04-18-2009

Gary D., Dean S. and I dived the McMullen & Pitz dredge today!  It was a great day; the lake was calm at <1ft chop, the water temp was a balmy 35 degrees top to bottom and the visibility was great, an easy 60ft. Gary and I did a 42 minute dive. It sure feels good to be back out on the big pond!  ;D

We also installed the State buoy on the dredge. The diving season is officially on!

Dennis

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - Raiderswim - 04-18-2009

Did English Lake.  Woulda went if you needed a 4th.  How was the viz?  Heard 50+.

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - moneysavr - 04-27-2009

Hey Dennis,
Good to see you made a thru the winter! well the lake looks a bit sick today! 3+" rain & MSD will do that,well hope to get to dive with you this year again,been a while,Doing the Badger Shore line cruise?
Brad

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - dive1dennis - 04-28-2009

Hey Brad,
We did not get out this past weekend. It was more due to wind and rain. I don't think that the MMSD stuff makes it this far north!

Shorline cruise would be fun, I'll let you know. So, is your boat in the water yet?

Dennis

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - moneysavr - 04-28-2009

boats selling out quick, get your tickets soon! our whole darn dive group is going  hope they don't try to make it a new attraction up that way that's for divers underwater that is!!
Boat will be done in a week or so, new engine is sitting in shop,
I have to take a week off to get  a mental regrouping done prior to my summer kick in full swing work and well the dive season!! and heck a trip to Florida spring country is in order!! cant get blown off there! maybe flooded off!! my youngest son is going to wrap up his C card cert in the confines of 72 Deg water VS well you know what we have up here!
let me know if you take the cruise, I will by ya a beer! and introduce you to a fabulous group of divers from down my way,
Brad 

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - matt t. - 04-29-2009

How does this wreck compare to the 906 Dredge in Milwaukee? I've always had an interest in visiting it, but it hasn't worked out for me yet.

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - moneysavr - 04-29-2009

Gee,
IMO,,,,,,
Its much better its up right,intact,and well vis most times 50'+ its a great  2nd dive after the W.B. Allen!
Brad

Re: Bring on the Diving Season - Pitz Dredge Today - dive1dennis - 04-30-2009

Hi Matt,
I don't think the Pitze dredge is as big as the 906, but it is upright so you don't have to explore underneath like the 906. It has a steam boiler, control levers, workbenches, lots of levers, cable drums, other stuff you would expect on a river dredger. It has a steel structure and spuds that come up to about 50ft, 75 to the bottom, a nice comfortable depth!

Dennis