wiscuba.com
Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! (/showthread.php?tid=1696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - matt t. - 04-25-2008

I'm going to try one out on Sunday. I will NOT be layering a bunch of stuff with it because it's supposed to be a cold water undergarment. I'll post my report on Sunday.

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - floatingbuddha - 04-25-2008

Matt,

Which 4th Element undergarment will you be using?  The SubXero?  Arctic? other?

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - diverjeremy - 04-25-2008

Yes the SubXero is quite amazing!  I was very toasty warm after a 45 - 50 min bottom time on the Milwaukee.  My fingures were starting to get cold and that was it.  I would have stayed longer if my buddy didn't signal to go up because he was shivering underwater.  Nice thing was we only had about 12 minutes of deco.  To answer the question, can you wear it out afterwards for a drink...absolutely.  Not only is it extremely warm it is quite fashionable as well.  Take off the crotch strap and you are good to go. 

The farmer jon is nice too.  Because it as a two way zipper it is very easy to get the peevalve attached without cutting any holes. 

The only thing I would change would be to have thumb loops to help keep it from bunching up on the sleeves when putting on your drysuit.  But if you sinch down the velcro on the wrists it's really not a problem. 

By far the best undergarment I have ever worn. 

Jeremy 

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - Chris H - 04-25-2008

What did you use before the SubXero, and how old is it?  Did you wear just the SubXero or did you have a base layer?  Was your buddy on CCR too?  What were you using for inflation gas?

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - diverjeremy - 04-25-2008

I used to wear a DiveRite undergarment (wore for one dive season) before that was a Diving Concepts undergarment (wore for 2 or 3 seasons).  I did not layer with the SubXero.  My dive buddy was also on CCR.  I was using argon for inflation gas.

Jeremy

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - matt t. - 04-25-2008

Whatever the new 4th Element stuff is. They have so many names it's kind of confusing. It's the stuff everyones been waiting for.

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - matt t. - 04-28-2008

Got to try the new Subxero undergarment yesterday (the suit I got to try was 1 size to small and a little short on me, so I can't comment on fit). We did nearly an hour long dive in 39 degree water. The 2 piece undergarment looks to be made well, all black with fleece lining and a black "water resistant" outer shell . I was certainly warmer than I was the week before on an identical dive. All in all I'd say they did a nice job with the suit, and it's certainly worth looking at if you're in the market. The only thing that's going to keep me from buying one at this point is if the XL doesn't fit under my drysuit. Shipwreck Adventures should have them in stock by the end of the week. If you get on a charter with Greg, you may even get to try one out!

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - jasondbaker - 04-29-2008

I just picked up my new subxero suit on Saturday. It was an early birthday present from my beautiful, wonderful, smart, charming (did I mention beautiful?) wife. Smile  Can't wait to get it in the water.  Are you guys planning to wear a top layer under it?  I usually wear a very thin capelene top.

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - matt t. - 04-29-2008

I just wore thin polypropylene (sp?) long underwear under the suit just to keep a little "distance" between myself and the suit as it wasn't mine. Others I talked to planned to wear just regular old underwear underneath, same as they do a Weezle. I would probably wear a thin polypro T-shirt and regular underwear under mine. It IS supposed to be washable, but they recommend against machine drying.

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - wazee-sports - 05-03-2008

Wow, this undergarment is everything that I have been hearing. I got my first shipment in last week just before my first tech. class of the season. After 58 minutes in 38 deg. water, I can say that I came out very comfortable.

This is sure to be a big hit for us cold water divers.

Keith Cormican
Wazee Sports Center