wiscuba.com
Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! (/showthread.php?tid=1696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - greatlakesCCR - 03-02-2008

I was recently exposed to Fourth Element undergarments at UW Connection in MF. I believed that my custom undergarment could not be beat, after all I have been warm since 2001. I am now considering retiring the old garment.

I purchased the xotherm and subzero. While in Florida a week ago doing a CCR class, I got to experience the power of Fourth Element as a crinkled neck seal allowed plenty of water to flood my suit within the 1st few minutes of 70+ min. training dive with Ron Benson.

I never got cold!! What's even more awesome, I was nearly dry when I took the undergarment off. The wicking power was amazing. I can't wait for the new subzero to ship from Fourth Element. ;D

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - diverjeremy - 03-03-2008

I agree as well.  I too purchased Fourth Element undergarmets and they ROCK!!!

I was wet on every dive due to a bad wrist seal leak (fixed soon).  Not much you can do when you get to Florida and realize you have a bad wrist seal.  Other than deal with it and enjoy the diving/training.  Not only did I stay warm but the inside of the undergarmet was dry and the outside wet.  Truely shows the wicking power.  They also dry very quickly, as I would leave them in the sun for a couple hours between dives and they were practically dry when I put them back on.

This stuff is awsome!!!  I look forward to getting my subzero to layer with exotherm and dive my brains out this summer.

Happy safe diving.

Check this stuff out at Underwater Connection, we will also be at Ghost Ships Festival March 7th and 8th.  Ron Benson will also be there with us talking about CCR training and CCR diving wit Underwater Connection, as well as Curt from Shearwater with their new persuit diving computer.  Look forward to seeing and meeting everyone there.  ;D

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - DiveCaptDean - 03-03-2008

Jeremy and I am assuming John-  are you guys diving bare suits? or diving concepts?

glad to hear all is well with the rebreathers and the florida training..I am trying to make it down to the show this weekend..i will be happy to see you if i can...Who is running the UWC booth?...i havent heard from Mike for a little while..

Deano

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - diverjeremy - 03-04-2008

Hey Dean,

I am diving a Diving Concepts dry suit (Mike does as well and I believe Jon uses an Ocean Vendors dry suit, although there is rumor of him getting a DUI suit).  Mike, Jon, and I will all be at Ghost Ships this weekend.  Hope you can make it, look forward to seeing you again.

Jeremy

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - Vtach - 03-04-2008

I see that the Subzero is a relatively new product.  I have the Xerotherm Arctic which is a nice thermal layer but not a good stand alone insulator unless diving in water warmer than 55-60 deg F.  I had combined the Arctic with Weezle extreme and it was a warm combination.  My only real dislike about the Xerotherm Arctic is that it is a pant/shirt style combination.  Apparently the Subzero is more like a farmer john/jacket combo which improves things but I still prefer the one piece suit over a two piece.  Does anyone know if there will be a demo Subzero at Ghost Ships to take a gander at?

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - divbum - 03-04-2008

I am working on having one at the show Todd.
Greg

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - Vtach - 03-04-2008

Great, thanks Greg!!

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - LKunze - 03-04-2008

If anyone gets a chance to see the Subzero garment please post your impressions of it.  It looks interesting.  I'd like to retire my DUI 400G this year as it's getting pretty ratty and I'd be interested in going back to a fleece style garment again for better fit and mobility as long as it can equal the warmth of a one piece thinsulate garment. I was considering trying the layering approach with the Xerotherm and Xerotherm Arctic suits but this Subzero suit has peaked my interest.

Thanks,

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - divbum - 03-04-2008

While I was in the UK, Phil Short was diving a proto type. I liked what I saw.
Greg

Re: Ah! the warmth of Fourth Element Under Garments even wet!! - greatlakesCCR - 03-04-2008

While at Our World Underwater, Peter DenHaan from Silent Diving had a new Sub Zero Set. It is farmer john style with a coat that could easily be worn without the jumpsuit while on the boat or traveling to the dive site.

I have not been this impressed with an undergarment in a long time. I have purchased it and can't wait until the next available shipment. I believe UWC will have one unit on display at Ghost Ships this weekend.

-JMK