wiscuba.com
Wetsuits - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Wetsuits (/showthread.php?tid=1378)

Pages: 1 2

Wetsuits - settinggirl - 03-26-2007

I also only currently have a 2mm shorty.... anyone know where i can get a *good deal* on wetsuits?

jamie

Re: Dive Buddy List - MikeS - 03-27-2007

Once again, 3 Little Devils should be able to get you a good deal.  They have sale rack, and I think they have a sale weekend coming up.  Give them a call.

Re: Dive Buddy List - settinggirl - 03-27-2007

Thanks for the heads up Mike, didn't get your first response on 3 Little Devils sale rack.  Will look them up. 

Re: Dive Buddy List - Dariuszpl - 03-27-2007

Hey settinggirl check out divetank.com they have awesome deals on new and used suits.

Re: Dive Buddy List - ScubaDo - 03-27-2007

I stopped by Devil's lake today.  It's fully melted.  It was windy and the water looked a little murky.  3LD is currently working on their schedule and will have it out soon.  3LD is having their spring sale soon, I got a postcard, but can't find it.  I bet the wife threw it out so I wouldn't go and spend :o.

A shorty under a 2 piece 7mm with a bibbed hood works great for cold water, even ice diving.  Any water coming in from the neck spreads between the layers and warms before reaching the skin.

Re: Dive Buddy List - Chris H - 03-27-2007

A wetsuit or drysuit is something you are going to want to try on before you buy.  Women especially have a hard time finding a suit that fits properly.    I think you will find that Divepoint Scuba and Adventure Center, in Stevens Point, has one of the largest inventories in the state of all things Scuba.  There is climbing gear and kayaks as well.

Re: Dive Buddy List - ScubaDo - 03-27-2007

I have a Neosport 7mm 2 piece wetsuit that has served me well.  If you know your size, I prefer to order online at Scuba.com.  My friend ordered a cheaper off brand from a different site, and his suit wasn't cut properly.

Re: Wetsuits - MikeS - 03-28-2007

When diving wet, I much prefer a hooded vest to a bibbed hood.  Big difference.

Re: Wetsuits - FreediveWI - 03-28-2007

Best custom cut wetsuits I've ever owned at less than the price of a standard scuba suit. Custom suits can take a little time as they come from Italy. If you get them duirng a slow time you can get the suit cut, and shipped, in about two weeks.

Jon

Re: Wetsuits - settinggirl - 03-28-2007

wow, lots of good info here.  you all have been so helpfull!  thanks so much!