wiscuba.com
Devils Lake - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Devils Lake (/showthread.php?tid=1153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 01-24-2007

I know what you're saying... March 3 can't come soon enough.  Cozumel, here we come.

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 04-23-2007

Four of us got in Devi's Lake on Sunday.  Viz was poor:  4-5 feet.  Temp was 47.

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 04-23-2007

...in spite of the vis being what it was - it was a great first of the season dive....

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 04-23-2007

Oh yes, I agree.  We had a great time.

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 05-06-2007

Temp today 53. Vis about 10'

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 05-11-2007

...Thursday was 55 degrees at the training platform & vis was out to ~ 12 feet....

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 05-21-2007

...today was nice on the east shore...sunny & light wind....57 degrees at 25 feet & 64 on the surface....vis was easily 20 feet most of the time at ~ 20 feet....& I could see my flag at 25......lots of bass on beds......very aggressive looking for crayfish....

Re: Devils Lake - ScubaDo - 06-21-2007

Devil's Lake is infected with a parasite that causes swimmers itch.  It looks like mosquito bites with a stronger urge to itch and takes longer to go away (up to a week).  It was suggested to me to cover the spots with clear nail polish.  It did relieve some of the itch, but it still takes a few days to go away.  The divers I saw that got infected, only had bites where they had exposed skin.  I don't know if this is only temporary or will last therest of the season.  It was my first time up there this year and viz was about 10'+.  It was fun to play with and feed the bass again.

Re: Devils Lake - jmohns - 06-22-2007

I also was hit with the itch, never had it this bad in years past but never went this early before. I did several dives last year with just a bit or two so I hope it will go away as the year goes on. I have found that if you use benedryl lotion and just rub it on heave it will relieve some of the discomfort. I don't use the internal stuff, it makes me sleepy Wink. Hope this helps some.

Re: Devils Lake - jmohns - 06-22-2007

Stupid spell check....... I was trying to say rub the lotion in heavy. sorry for the confusion.