wiscuba.com
Devils Lake - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Devils Lake (/showthread.php?tid=1153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 12-28-2006

Thanks for that.  I hope to get in again early January.  Perhaps you could post when there's  too much ice to break  through to dive.  Otherwise we can hope for good ice diving conditions for Februdary.

Mike

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 12-28-2006

...absolutely..... ....the way this winter's going....ice may be something that happened last winter....I'll keep you posted....

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 01-02-2007

Tomorrow (Wed.) air temps are supposed to be near 50.  Anyone have off and want to dive?

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 01-02-2007

.....it should be a good day...I dive wet so I'm afraid 33 is too cool for me....if it's around the lunch hour I may see your flag...have a great dive...

Re: Devils Lake - ScubaDo - 01-08-2007

How was the dive on the 3rd?  I was in the Madison lakes on the 2nd and it was boring.  Might be willing to go this Saturday.

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 01-08-2007

Good dive.  Viz around 10 ft.  We checked out the patio and swam the east shore some going south before heading back.  Not spectacular, but we got a January dive in.  Hopefully these cold nights won't have it freezing up again too quickly.

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 01-24-2007

Anyone know if DL is frozen over yet? 
How about ice thickness in there is ice?

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 01-24-2007

...hi Mike....I was out there today over lunch....the ice fisherman are out 150 yards from the north shore....before the last snow there were no open spots that I could see.....

Re: Devils Lake - MikeS - 01-24-2007

Thanks.  So, it looks like 3LD's ice dive class on Feb. 3, 4 will probably go.

Re: Devils Lake - dwitt2n - 01-24-2007

...it's hard to know for sure the depth of the ice given the layer of snow...but they're saying the bottoms going to drop out next week with below 0 nights.....    155 more days until Nassau......