wiscuba.com
Red Granite... - Printable Version

+- wiscuba.com (http://www.wiscuba.com/forum)
+--- Thread: Red Granite... (/showthread.php?tid=341)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re:Red Granite... - divbum - 11-08-2004

Enjoyed my first outing to Red Granite. Thank to Chris H for the invite and the tour. Water was still warm and the vis was 20+ depending on the area.

Re:Red Granite... - divbum - 11-15-2004

Was back out today, temperture has dropped to 47 and vis is decreaseing...
Greg

Re: Red Granite... - dfreeman - 02-13-2005

Did some ice diving with the Fox Valley Scuba Clud at Red Granite on Saturday.  The weather was great, sunny, no wind, 50 deg F what more could you want while ice diving.  This is about as good as it gets.  Visibility was in the 20-30 foot range.  Not as good as Lake Wazee last weekend but nice for Red Granite.

Just look at the conditions, how can you beat them.

Nice looking from underneath also.

The boats are still down there.  The chandolier is getting older.  THe snowmobile is just getting older.

The visibility was good but the picture taking was tough.  It was another nice diving day and we all had fun. 

The way out always looks nice at  the end of the dive.

Closing up the hole at the end of the day.  I suspect that this hole will be usable until the cold weather catchs up with it.

See you at the bottom.

Doug

Re: Red Granite... - Omicron - 02-13-2005

Ah shoot - wish you would have said you were going to be diving...I wanted to go this weekend but didn't know anyone was going to be cutting holes in the ice.

Re: Red Granite... - Weston - 03-06-2005

R there any maps of the red granite quarry avail any where?

Re: Red Granite... - mrclean - 04-16-2005

Well another diving milestone in my log book and another divable water in Wisconsin dove (diven).  Four of us made the trip to Red Granite and dove it.  I rode the snowmobile and had a nice tour of bottles and tires and a toilet and other trash.  Saw a few bluegills closer to the entrance and one nice trout, other than that, just silty gloom.  I'd say visibility to me appeared to be 10 feet at the best.  We just went to 60 feet because we were all new to this quarry.

Also dove Pearl Lake after that.  That was interesting (somewhat) and played with some nice big crayfish and a dead northern pike.  Lots of trash in that lake too.  Best visibility was probably 15-20 in the shallow areas.  Max depth 28 feet and vis about max of five feet down there.

All in all a good day of diving new places.  Next Sunday is Devils Lake again and I'll write up a report of that too.

Good diving  Andy

Re: Red Granite... - Raiderswim - 04-16-2005

I didn't think Pearl Lake opened until the 23rd.  Or is there a different Pearl Lake.  How was the temp?

Re: Red Granite... - Omicron - 04-16-2005

It's the pearl lake really close to Redgranite, WI - it's a shallow lake that has some pretty enjoyable shore diving.  It's not the one in sourthern wisconsin..