wiscuba.com

Full Version: Wazee Sports Ice Diving Winter Socials
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Omicron

Is the social this weekend?!  My suit is back...  I haven't been diving for almost two months and I don't feel right.
Jason, according to this thread it is this Saturday.  I sent Keith an email and I will post what I find out.  I have not heard the latest conditions on Wazee so there might be little or no ice to even ice dive.  Open water would be cool though.

Omicron

Yeah, open water would be awesome.

I drove out to Wazee Lake today to find out what we had for ice, as I had heard varying ideas as to what was there.  I took my ice testers along with me, a broken broomstick and my 60 pound black lab DeeDee.  The "Wall" Dive sites have very little ice, what ice is there is probably 1-2 inches thick and is easily broken.  DeeDee broke through in the shallow areas several times when we checked and when she was able to walk on the ice within 10 feet from shore the ice groaned and popped.

The situation is mostly the same throughout the rest of the lake.  There is large patches of thin ice interspersed with large patches of open water or standing water on top of the ice.

I haven't talked with Keith yet this week, but I can hardly see there being an Ice Dive Social unless we get some Arctic freezing conditions (That being said while it is precipitating freezing rain/light snow on Tuesday night).

And I had the fixin's for homemade chicken noodle soup and red beans and rice with andouille sausage for the social.  Oh well, I guess it will have to wait until March.

Andy

PS: As soon as I hear anything more from Keith, I'll post it.
Thanks Andy, I had a feeling conditions were going to be too crappy for ice diving.  What a crazy ass winter....too much ice and not enough ice at the same time.  Stupid weather.... >Sad
Preach it brotha!!
Hey Andy, forget the ice (or lack of). I'd have no problem just standing around the parking lot eating your "white chicken chili" ;D.
Well. I won't have to tell my wife I'm not going to her Grandma's 80th birthday party....I guess that is good....oh, wait, I want to go diving!

Omicron

Anyone up for just breaking some chunks away and going diving anyway? 

Must resist temptation.....urge strong...
Pages: 1 2 3 4