wiscuba.com

Full Version: "The Milwaukee"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We did 2 dives on the Milwaukee this morning. As we pulled up it was nice to find 2 buoys on the wreck Smile. Since there was a choice we tied up on the "mid-ships" buoy and headed back toward the stern. For the second dive we headed toward the bow and then off to the pilot house. Bottom temp was 41 with a thermocline (finally!) at about 40-45 feet (46 degrees). Visibility was probably 40-50 ft on the wreck and 15 ft above the thermocline. Weather was nice and sunny with 1-2 ft waves, and we just beat the clouds getting into the dock.
who did you go out with?

Scubert, Steve, and Jeff. Steves wife stayed in the boat and kept an eye on things. Next time we have an open spot I'll let you know. The ladder isn't as nice as some, but it's a lot cheaper Wink.
On the first dive the vis HAD to be way better than 45'.  You could easily see the whole beam of the ship in crystal clarity (apart from the constant fogging of my new mask)  On the second dive we probably had 40-45', but the first was probably more like 65-70'.

I have to say also that I LOVE my newly installed p-valve.  For any and all drysuit divers out there without one, pony up!  It is worth the $$. ;D
I have dove there within th last couple weeks and the vis was awesome.  It was a great scooter dive I could see the wreck from past the south end of the pilot house.