wiscuba.com

Full Version: How's the vis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wife and I are headed down to Red Granite tomorrow....has anybody been there lately? If so.."how's the vis?" Any info would be helpful.

THANKS
If you look at the Red Granite thread there is a good description of condtions there last weekend. Just scroll down a little past our usual complaining.

Doug

How has the vis been at Pearl Lake. I really should get down there this year. (How long does it stay open?) ???
Thanks...I'll check it out!

Omicron

I did reply in the other red granite posting (I think...). But, it's fairly decent down to about 20-25. After that, it's soup til you hit about 70, and then if you have a very powerful light you have a foot or two of viz.
I saw your other posting...thank you. We did have good vis around 20-25 feetbut there was not a hole lot of wildlife to be seen. It might have been due to all the swimmers and kids in the quarry. But it was a nice easy dive none the less. It had been 5 years since my last trip there and I forgot how murky it got......now I understand the monster comment in the Red Granite topic. :o