wiscuba.com

Full Version: Site use.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unfortunately, without the government being involved, somebody WOULD remove them in an irresponsible manner.  Someone would figure that the easiest/cheapest way to get them out would be to attach a cable to them, then drag them out along the bottom, destroying everything in the path. 

Regulations generally aren't put into place until after somebody screws up. 
These guys have done well recovering logs:

I like this reference:

"The process is different in each location. In Wisconsin, for example, there are six permitting agencies: Board of Commissioners of Public Lands; Army Corp of Engineers; Historical Society, Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources; Coastal Management; and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. "

You get past this crowd, you are doing a good job.

I think that we should have underwater logging.  We have figured out how to do it.  We have regulations.  There even is a third party certification organization backed by FSC.

Doug

I sense a PADI certification on the horizon... Wink

It could happen!
I'm a naui instructor-trainer and I  can think of better ways to spend my time and (your money) than that. How about underwater basket weaving or anchor collecting.

A new merit badge that I can sew onto my drysuit. Terrific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Let me get my crosscut saw and I'll see if I can set up a distinctive specialty for you.... Big Grin Wink
Pages: 1 2