wiscuba.com

Full Version: Diver litter at Wazee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We were diving at Wazee on April 3rd.  The dives were great but we were more than a little disgusted with the litter left by divers, a condom wrapper held down by an apple core at the wall table and a used dive condom at the Sherwood Forest site.  What's up with divers that leave that kind or any kind of trash laying around the dive sites?  It reflects badly on all divers!  Please pick up your trash as nobody else wants to.
I agree with you Brian. Saw the same on the west side. I have no idea what percentage of park income comes from divers, but it would be nice/help if jackson Co. would put the trash cans out earlier along with the port-t-poties. Running into the woods might not be the best option. Wood ticks are out, just ask Dave :-')

Al
Off topic, but the permanent toilets were open on Thursday in the camp ground and at Sherwood Forest ramp

Wazee is a dive destination.  I have been there many times and from observation I'd say the divers are about 98 percent of those visiting the park.  In summer there are a few people at the "beach" on the east side and I met a nice young lady about my age who swims across the lake.  But for the most part, those who go there are divers at on level or another.

whatever the percentage is, they don't put near enough of the fee's towards ammenities for divers.  the most disturibing thing to me is that they let a bus load in for $3 but if you strap a tank on your back it's $10/person...they can't even offer a youth discount.

whatever the percentage is, they don't put near enough of the fee's towards ammenities for divers.  the most disturibing thing to me is that they let a bus load in for $3 but if you strap a tank on your back it's $10/person...they can't even offer a youth discount.
[/quote]
$10 per diver + the $3 car fee. The $3 fee used to only be at "peak" summer time. Now I think it's all the time.
The $3 car fee is Memorial day through Labor day weekend. Wink
Oh, and the wood-ticks are free. :o
Dave
Last Thursday when I was there I didn't see those dates posted on the sign anymore. I may have missed them though. I payed the $3 just to be safe. You can have my share of ticks.
Matt, I think you are right.  I found this PDF.

I did an annual for both so wasn't looking for that change.
No mention about additional fees for the ticks either, they are still free.
Back to the trash issue, does anyone  have any idea why the trashcans are not there all year, or at least once the snow is gone?

Dave, Just checked out that link, you must plan on a whole lot of trips over to Wazee. According to the pdf $3.00 daily and $2500. annual.

Al
Pages: 1 2