wiscuba.com

Full Version: Fortune Pond Trash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the years I have seen more and more trash being planted in the Pond on purpose for "fun." It is not so bad when you see a toy or two or maybe even a skull, but I am now seeing laptops and I just heard that there is a toilet in there now! COME ON PEOPLE! This is a bunch of BS and needs to stop! Aren't we all out here to promote the conservation and preservation of our lakes, quarries and oceans? Stop putting this crap in our dive sites! I don't get fired up about much on here, but this is ridiculous.

I am tired of diving the Pond and seeing all this crap in there, so I am going to do something about it and am asking for help from this board. As soon as the ice goes out on the Fortune Pond I am going to update this post with a date (Saturday or sunday) for a pond clean up day. I will provide a lunch, air fills, gear and anything else you might need for helping me out with this clean up. Any air fills for the day will be free, gear rental will be free, and there is of course no fee to get into the park. I am happy to do this to get one of our dive sites clean! I am asking everyone on the board who has the time and wants to help, to volunteer for this project and help clean out the pond. It is getting warm around here and it shouldn't be much longer before the pond will start opening up. We should be ice diving the pond this weekend and I will be getting an idea on how much stuff is still in there and how much help we need to clean it out. My goal is to fill my trailer and take all this stuff to the dump where it belongs, not in the lake!

I thank everyone ahead of time for your help on this and your help keeping people from dumping more stuff in the pond or any other lake for that matter.
Mike,
  Count me an a few others in!  Clean water an they put a toilet in  I will help clean it up
Count me in too.....

As i understand from a dive instructor, it was a group of divers from the Green Bay/Appleton area whom threw a used toilet in the pond.  I'm sorry, but this is one of the clean and clearest area to dive in the area.  This isn't a toilet area like some other quarries.

I will try to be there (timing is everything) and I will bring a lift bag.  I like some of the odds and ends that are there but it sounds like it is getting out of hand.

The ebb and flow of the life of  lake.

Doug
I'll try to make with a couple of lift bags also
Boy, you must OWN the Pond.  I've been diving there since probably before you were BORN.  If the skull I put down there years ago is gone, I'll know where to look.
If you are going to remove EVERYTHING, be sure to take the training platform out too.  You say YOU have "plans", I guess somebody died and left YOU in charge.
One man's "crap" is another man's pleasure.
Little toys like a skull an floating heads is kinda neat.  The firemans monument is cool!  But come on a toilet an laptop computers!  Thats crap no pun intended.  Its fun diving there never know when something will turn up!  But toilets are too much. Laptops contain hazardous materials!  They don't belong in the water!  One mans crap don't belong in a public treasure!
Sign your name and I'll respect your sock puppet opinon...
Maybe you want to use your real name and go to the next county board meeting with your thoughts. If you can't find what you left behind, I'd look in the dump. If you're free that weekend you can stop by then and we can talk about it. Bring your check book for the fine because the Iron County Sheriff's Dept. has been contacted.
come on guys diving is suppose to be fun, so theres a toilet in big deal if it gives someone a laugh thats good, as far as the laptop theres many a time if there was water around thats where mine would be, if you saw it why didn't you bring it up.maybe its not so much the pound but someone is trying to make a name for himself?
Pages: 1 2 3