wiscuba.com

Full Version: Wolf River at Shawano
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the balmy weather on Sunday, we took a nice dive in the Wolf River below the Shawano dam.  The water was 32-33 degrees Farnheit which is just right to avoid overheating during an hour long dive.  Clarity was reasonable and there were a lot of sturgeon on the water.  This made for a nice chance to take pictures the wildlife.

Any chance we will see the photos?
I can not get the pictures to upload.  I keep getting the message that the picture upload directory is not writable.  Hopefully someone can figure this out.  There are other pictures that I hope to load.

Doug
ahhhhhh crap!!!!!!!!!
Are there any special permits or permissions needed to dive there?
Tom

No special permits are required, but good judgement is required due to the conditions present.  There is cold, current, and potentially ice.  The water doesn't move crazy fast there, but it is enough to let you appreciate it.  IIRC depths were 7-12 feet.

This isn't a knock on your abilities, because I have no idea what they are, but the dive really isn't for the faint at heart.
Plenty of cold and ice experience, not a lot of current experience. Thanks for the info
Lets try again.

With the balmy weather on Sunday, we took a nice dive in the Wolf River below the Shawano dam.  The water was 32-33 degrees Farnheit which is just right to avoid overheating during an hour long dive.  Clarity was reasonable and there were a lot of sturgeon on the water.  This made for a nice chance to take pictures the wildlife.

Note that the one fish has a artificial lure in its mouth

There are a lot of lamprey on the sturgeon, something that I have not seen before.

Also, some sturgeon are tagged.

Hope that you enjoy the pictures.

Doug

great pictures Doug
that must be awsome diving sturgen ive caught them fishing but it is so much better to see them in the water
Pages: 1 2