wiscuba.com

Full Version: Local News Article on Great Lakes Shipwrecks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Omicron

very cool, thanks for the heads up.

It's too bad those 10 wrecks a year aren't all found around here.
;D
MMMMMMMMM!!! 100 year old cheese spread....DROOOOOOOL. Too bad it did not come with 100 year old crackers and a 100 year old Merlot. I agree though, when presented with that, you have to give it just one try. Big Grin

Todd

Omicron

I dunno if I would have tried the cheese spread *before* the testing though. Seems to me he had it a little backwards Smile

Reminds me of the time my dad found an old whiskey jug with the cork still in it in one of the rivers near our house...him and his friends were hoping it still had something good in it, but they just got water.
Three months to get certified in '77? I got certified in '78 and it only took six weeks. Of course I only got a basic card. It took a few more dives to get "open water". Todays equivelent is advanced.
I know the industry would never go for it, but I think the sport would be better off if they went back to more class and pool time like they had in the old days. I got recertified a couple years back and it was tooo easy. Just my opinion.
I remember those old days well. I dove the Niagara before the *******'s destroyed the paddle wheel. It is true that many divers dove to strip the wrecks. They would justify thier actions by saying if it werent for them noone would get to see the stuff they brought up. By doing what they did nobody got to see it anymore, thats for sure. Many a great lakes treasure sits in some morons garage rusting away for nothing. The good news is that with the laws currently alot of these people no longer dive as they can no longer loot things. At least without the fear of getting busted. Some are still out there. I've seen thier calling card. Oh well. I'll get off my box now. Please for give the rambelings of a diver who's been around a bit.

Jim
I started in 80' and I remember it being 8 weeks, it took 4 weeks before we even saw our first tank.

Jim, I know what you mean about the Niagra. It used to be much prettier with the paddle wheels.

Jon