wiscuba.com

Full Version: Prin Willem V video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Nice.  Thanks for posting.  Was wondering why they put Sheboygan at the intro, though.
Single tank, single first stage, no line, no backup lights......It looks like the divers in the video are "overestimating their abilities or forsaking their precautions".  Ignore the past and it will soon repeat.... :Smile  WTF people....
You think that's irresponsible? Look at the link for his video to the "Rouse Simmons". Same divers, same split fins, same single aluminum 80's (full of air I'm sure) this time diving to 160 feet.......

=

Nice.....  :-\ 

I could really give 2 shakes about what people do individually but videos like this just perpetuate and encourage this sort of attitude among new divers.  It is really unfortunate.

Well Im glad i didnt have to be the ahole..and you two were instead....Bouncing in and out of that wreck is not the most intelligent thing todo..especially when not prepared to do so..and from what i saw..they were not.......i wont even mention the video of the Rouse Simmons....i dont think that video should be mentioned again..thats just dumb.....

I am happy to see that people are out and diving and happy to show what they are diving...but i agree with Todd and Matt...show some responsibility...........

there are much better videos out there as well.....ones that actually show the wreck

sry
there are a couple of other videos there that should be looked at..link to the Milwaukee car ferry video..this looks much better....

have fun
As a single bottle diver, the penetration is wrong.  I don't see any problems at 90' staying on the outside of the wreck or penetrating an open hold as long as there is little or no overhead or very easy to find exits.  The tight spaces they were in are a NO GO without a line or backup bottles.  At 90' with an 80 and diving NDL, you should have enough to do a swim around the boat and ascent and still have half a tank.

At 160' I doubt that those were their only bottles.

Based on what you see in the other videos, why?
I agree with your 1st statement regarding any 90 ft dive. Regarding the Rouse Simmons footage, and watching the video again, I still don't see any evidence of more than a single tank for either of the 2 divers in the film. I guess that doesn't mean that they didn't "stage" another bottle somewhere along the up line (for when their computers went into deco and they ran out of air). Don't get me wrong, the films were nice and I appreciate the effort of the divers. I just don't think they have the training or proper gear for the dives.
Pages: 1 2 3