wiscuba.com

Full Version: Suunto SK5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any good photos of how they rigged bungee/ surgical tubing cords to their Suunto SK5 wrist mount Compass?

Omicron

No photos, but just take out the provided rubber strap, and run 2 bungees through the space for the strap.

Easiest way to do it is to take one piece of bungee, twice as long as you need for the straps.  Tie a string in the center and feed the string through the compass.  Then pull the bungee through w/ the string...cut the bungee and tie the two straps.

Jason, that is what I would have said too, but I/we have an SK7.  The SK5 is a flat little boy scout looking compass...

divemichigan, you could cut the straps off a few cm from the bezel and then melt it so it doesn't fray.  You could then use your friend's soldering iron (because you would wreck yours) to burn a couple holes in the band on each side.  You could then run the bungee through the holes and knot it so it doesn't come out.
Omicorn thanks for the information.

The bezel easily unscrews, I've already removed the factory strap. But I thought over the years I know I've seen some guys using the SK5 before. I like the fact that it is a lower profile over the SK7. I don't like stuff sticking up too much off my forearm. I thought in the past they either drilled holes into the bezel , used the holes around the compass, or did what you described. I was looking for photo for ideas.... I'll keep my eye open this year on the charters.

Omicron

Doh...I misunderstood the compass models.  Nevermind!
I just bit the bullet and picked up a strap at Deep Sea Supply when I ordered one for my bottom timer.