wiscuba.com

Full Version: Redgranite Ice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if Redgranite is still open?  I ass-u-me it is, but I've been wrong before...
I stopped by when my bay on skumbago froze over, and it was still ice free.  But that was a few days ago.
Thanks
Went over the Butte Des Mortes bridge today. Ice as far as I could see. Lots of guys fishing by the marina and farther up near New London on the Wolf. Winter is HERE.
Yeah, but what about Redgranite?  I know it and Wazee freeze up later than the shallower lakes.  Anyone seen those two quarries in the last couple days?
No ice and not very good vis is the Redgranite Quarry report for the day.  The cold rain at the end of the dive was a nice touch too. :Smile

I think it was still better than not diving.
The outlet was off and there was no warm water to play in- so you didn't miss much.

I did manage to scare up a musky further out and saw a few fish around some of the weed beds, but the wind had the lake so stirred up that I couldn't see much past the tip of my gun. :-[

Jon
Betsey and I were there this afternoon and the vis was ~8' above 30'. I finally got my dry gloves to stay that way...DRY! Betsey's new dry gloves are pretty slick, no leaks the first time! Water was about 40 ish and I was warm and dry...priceless. The sun was out when I was there but it was dark when I left.
Jason
Local mines or down south?

Doug