wiscuba.com

Full Version: Got myself bent - not much fun.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thank you for sharing that, it is something we all can learn from!  All the best for you and speedy recovery.  Godspeed!            Dan...
Good luck in your road to recovery.  Your unfortunate situation enforces the fact that anyone can get bent even when following what we consider a safe dive profile.  Speaking of profiles what were your dive profiles leading up to your DCI incident?  Max depth, bottom times etc.
I am so sorry to hear about you getting bent. My husband and I never have been, we are VERY conservative in our profiles just to be extra safe. Being 40 and he almost 50, we have to be. A speedy recovery to you, I hope you won't have to give up diving :'(

Wow, that's a real bummer, I got a hit once freediving deep after a deeper dive, no chamber time though, I was very fortunate. 

Good luck in your diving future, remember, any time in the water is better than no time at all.  So if you're stuck going shallow, at least you're still there doin it!

Josh at GUDC
Wow thats sucks, sorry to hear about it!  Now you've made my husband even more paranoid than normal, your quest is finsihed! Big Grin
(On the upside, now he wants to buy me a computer too. hehe)

And the good things aren't always deep! Big Grin
I downloaded my D9, printed the profiles and scanned them. Now how do I post them? I can make them .pdf, .jpg or many other formats, but I can't find an "Add attachments" button here.

All dives were air. D9 was set for least conservative setting, but you will see I was never very close to my NDL.
Brian,
You need to click on the "Additional Options" that appears under the box where the text is added.  You can then upload the images, provided they are within the size limits.    Hope you are feeling better.

Have you thought about the possibility that the herniated disc was the culprit all along?
Really sorry to hear about what you went through.

I also got mildely bent 19 months ago. I have lyme disease, a multi system infection that I did not know about.  From what My lyme Doc told me, low level infections can change the way your body off gasses in the oxagen exchange on a cellular level. Something for all of us to think about. If your not feeling 100% take care in how you dive. I can still dive now but I use higer O2 mixes to make sure that enought O2 is in my system.
Brian,

Have you thought about the possibility that the herniated disc was the culprit all along?
Quote:
They said the disc was a problem, but they knew I was bent due to the way I responded in the chamber. I was not in pain at depth, and as the treatments continued, I was not in pain at continually shallower depths.
Pages: 1 2 3 4