wiscuba.com

Full Version: TV show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The FOX network has a Saturday morning kid's adventure show . They called up my friend Gert, who owns Deep Blue, to do a segement on kids wreck diving in Lake Michigan.

Gert just happened to have two kids who fit the bill perfectly. Acutally, there skills were better than many tec divers I know- great trim, line free ascents while under control, ect.

Next they needed a boat and an underwater photographer. In steps, my father-in-law, Jerry to provide the boat and shoot the underwater video.

I went along as crew and freediver support. Wink

You couldn't have asked for a nicer day out on the lake. It ws FLAT calm and the water was a balmy 68 degrees down to 90'- as deep as we could get. IT was so warm that I did the second wreck in my swiming suit.

The first dive was on the Willy and the second was on the Dredge #6. Vis was good, but not great like in the winter time. When the water warms up that much the vis seems to drop to around 30'. A fair trade-off in my book.

Here are some shots of the day.

Jon
Here they are filiming the Captain's segment.

Jon
The director giving her overview.

Jon
Filming Gert's predive briefing.

Jon
Gert and Jerry ready for a fun day on the water.

The episode won't air until Feburary. I guess they film these things pretty far in advance.

Jon
Milwaukee goes Hollywood.

Great to see some interest in the diving and wrecks of the big lakes. Usually we are forgotten in the Midwest.

Doug

Omicron

That's pretty awesome...dang, to be that age and starting out diving - wish I would have started a long time ago.

Cool stuff - if you hear when that thing will be on the air let us know. It would be fun to watch.