wiscuba.com

Full Version: Pine Lake, near Chenequah?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody dive this lake? ???
I guess thats a no.  I was wondering the same thing when I was hunting around online for lakes close by and saw that one.
I have in the past, but it's been at least 10 years. It's deep and has a lot of neat topography to the bottom. They, finally, made a decent public access a few years back so it's MUCH easier to get a boat on it- which you'll need.

Jon
Supposedly there is a beach there?
I don't know about that? ???

There is very nice diving right off the island. I taught a private scuba course there 15 years ago and I remember it being 40' deep by time you got to the end of the dock! There were lots of nice things to find off of the island and plenty of fish as well.

There are some nice rocky relief areas in the southern part where I saw quite a few fish as well. A boat was needed to get to anything decent.

The boat launch used to be a dirt drop-off on the side of the road and the city made you park in the next township- which was a mile away. It always worked best to have at least two divers and one would park the car while the other watched the boat. I used to use my roller blades to cover the mile distance a bit faster. ;D The DNR finally won out a few years back and had a boat launch put in with limited parking.

Since most of the richy-rich kind of people live on that lake it was pretty common to be diving out there and have Harry Quadratchie's helicopter fly him home for lunch right over the top of your boat. He's dead now so I doubt that happens anymore. Wink

Another VERY nice lake is right across the street from Pine- Beaver lake. You need a dive kayak or canoe to get out to the good areas, but it's one of my favorite lakes to spearfish. The only boat "launch" is a flight of stairs so forget about anything larger than canoe. I have swum out to the deeper area in my freediving gear, but it would be a real pain to do with a tank on your back. As a result boat traffic, and diver traffic, are very low on that lake. Do a search on here for some of my old posts and you'll see pictures of the lake.

Jon