wiscuba.com

Full Version: Cayman Islands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spending the week in Grand Cayman diving. I feel that the summer season is the best here in the Cayman islands. Great diving conditions and a lot of fish life to see.

Started out on the west wall. Plenty of fish enjoy.

Here is an example from the first day.

Doug
Went to the North wall on the second day. Can you identify the creatures in this picture?

The went by on their way to their feeding grounds. Tend to be a common sight here.

The North Wall is still some of the best wall diving anywhere.

Doug
Also on day 2, dove with some stingrays. Here is a good picture of the working end of a stingray. This was at Stingray City. You see cruise line adds talking about this place. It is fun diving with them, the big ones are all females.

Doug

Back to the West Wall on the third day. A turtle spent some time with us. This was the Big Dipper dive site which is one of the best sites around.

Turtles are always fun.

Doug
Dau three also sees a night dive. Went on the Balboa Wreck, which is a broken up freighter that sank in 1932 during a storm. Makes for a great dive site. Typical broken apart wreck that you see in the ocean. Plenty of wild life.

Wonder what this guy would look like in Lake Wazee?

Doug

Omicron

Wow...looks awesome Doug! I'm truly jealous of that trip. It almost makes me half look forward to winter knowing I'm going somewhere once the snow flies...
Hey Doug! The Pix look great and it sounds like your having a great trip! Im off to Coz tommorrow morning......I'll get some pix posted as soon as i get back.

Enjoy your trip!

Tim
Great photos Doug!

Where did you stay and who did you dive with? Also, What kind of camera set-up are you using?

Jon
I love GC. I'm jealous of the great visibility. What is the weather like down there this time of year?
Day 4 found us on the North Wall. Once again some spectacular diving. Plenty of Eagle Rays in the area. Very large and fun to watch. Only could get good pictures of one of them. But still great. One of these would be fun to have in Lake Wazee. Alas, no butter clams to eat.

Very good looking reefs. A lot of fish life. Took full sticks of pictures on each dive (about 61). First dive had fantastic visibility. The deep was solid blue and there was at least 100 foot visibility. Second dive was only 60 feet or so.

Weather here is 75 for lows and 88 for highs, humid but with a steady 10-15 mph breeze. Very pleasant weather and not as oppressive as I thought it might be. More like Corpus Christi, Texas than Houston, Texas would be my comparison.

I stay at Treasure Island Resort and dive with Bob Soto Reef Divers. This is my fourth trip with tem and I can not complain. Check it out at:

I use a Sony DCS-F707 Digital Camera in an Amphibico Surveyor 707 housing I use a warming filter in daylight. I use a UK Light Cannon mounted on the housing with a Ultralight Control Systems arm for night applications. I got the camera and housing as a package from Armato's. Check it out.

Doug
Pages: 1 2