wiscuba.com

Full Version: Rock Lake diving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'll post a link as soon as I figure one out! We want to get the best visibility but not have to chop ice... Wink

Mike
Yeah, we have 7mm jumpsuits and 7mm hooded shorties to put over those, but I think ice is definately out for us. lol
Well, I have a drysuit and can get underthings to make it toasty...I just don't like ovehead environments...Smile

Mike
Sorry I've not been on. I have a new job and it has been a little hectic. Ok, how is the ice up there, I assum it has started. When will be the first clear weekend in spring do you think? I will make the time to make this happen.

I sent some possible coordinates to some folks, does anyone know if they found anything? I haven't heard back.

I have a proper camera (the Canon 20D with the Ikelite housing and strobe setup) as well as a video housing (not as nice but should do the job) so I am basically set for the dive. I just need a clear date to plan around and a boat to use as a dive platform.

Who's game?

Mike
So, when does it look like the ice might clear this year? I want to start doing some planning. I need to get the time blocked off on my calendar and set up for a boat charter.

Also I'll be looking for some dive buddies. I'll be diving AL80 doubles using a BP/W and a drysuit.

ANyone up for a brisk spring dive in Rocklake?

Mike

Already done...
The ice has yet to form on Lake Wazee.  If you want to get out, there is a group of us going this weekend.  Will keep you posted here on what th plan is.  Could be a regular open water jamboree, but a little cold.

Doug
I am based in Atlanta, Ga, so I need a bit more planning... ;D How is the visibility?

Mike
Visibility in Lake Wazee is around 20 feet.

Doug
How far is that from RockLake?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5