wiscuba.com

Full Version: Lake Wazee And Local Black River Falls Area Diving
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I will be staying in the BRF area the end of July and thought I would dive Wazee while I was in the area. I have never dived here before but I was in the mine when it was a mine and was looking for suggestions for the novice divers. I am also wondering if there are any other areas to dive around BRF. Any help is welcome and appreciated.
Do a search for Wazee on the forum and you will find tons of information about Wazee.  I was just there last weekend.  You will find decent conditions plus a new sunken boat.
I am a fairly new diver myself. I have dove/snorkeled Wazze alot this summer. My favorite area is the second landing, commonly know as the Sherwood forrest landing. It has alot of trees, and its also where the new boat was sank (about a 25' wood cabin cruiser). The final landing has a toliet and drops off fairly quickly and the first area I have yet to dive as its the wall and is always full of divers on the weekend. I hope this helps, and good diving. Big Grin
that final landing (southern) also has a slew of fishcribs in about 15-20' with some friendly bluegills and a few smallmouth hanging about.
Anyone going this weekend? Saturday AM
This Sat. (8/5) there is a Lake Michigan dive picnic at Grant Park (Racine).

NEXT Sat. is the Marineland Treasure Dive, I am sure there will be a number of divers going to that!

Make sure to check out my posting for dive buddies for this cheap dive trip to Cozumel I found.